Universities normally experience peak times dealing with new applications and quick questions from potential students and active students. Normally universities tend to answer questions by phone. In pick times this requires a lot of human resources to answer phone calls and sometimes it introduces a real bottleneck.
In order to cope with mass applications and questions from their audience, the University of Tennesee added RumbleTalk Chat-room. This help in answering most of the questions during a live chat, which results in reducing and streamline the flow of phone calls to the back office.
In overall from many of our user’s experience, this reduces the phone calls in about 80%.
The RumbleTalk chat-room is a unique HTML5 combination of group chat and a private chat. In can be added to websites, blogs and even to the university Facebook page.
Many of the answers are already answered in the general room and some private discussion are being addressed in one on one chats. If the question or issue cannot be handled in a chat, a phone call is a next stage.
And this is not all :
- There are power users (students) that can answer questions as moderators and reduce the amount of staff answering questions even more.
- The Chat Room can be designed to meet the overall design of the website .
One can use css or simple wysiwyg (admin panel) option.
- Some questions can be answered by the group that is already in the chat-room.
The power of community is pretty easy.
- With Rumbletalk one, can create various chatroom (under one account) to various purposes and subjects (e.g Chatroom for HR, another for applications, one for students that wish to talk to their professor in a special time)
- Moderation is extra important and this can be set up front by the university.
- The university can choose only login with Facebook user to make authentication a bit more reliable.